Life Insurance for Smokers
The focus on smokersí life insurance becomes important when faced with the fact that smoking has long been established to negatively impact the health of people. It is no surprise that the cost of smokers' life insurance is relatively higher, but it is a necessity that must be carefully considered.
Basically, when insurance companies label a person as a smoker, they are placed in a risk category that requires higher premium payments compared to non-smokers. One of the reasons for this is that the mortality rate of smokers is undoubtedly higher than that of non-smokers, which mean that insurance companies run the risk of paying out benefits more often.
When considering smokers' life insurance, it is essential that you understand that every case is evaluated individually with only some general guidelines. Without a doubt though, smokers' life insurance presents a distinct advantage and protection for smokers and their dependents.
Life Insurance Rates For Smoker
Because of the special category placed on smokers' life insurance, the insurance provider makes use of very specific types of questions in order to determine whether a person is a smoker. Essentially, a smoker is defined by insurance companies as someone who uses cigarettes, chew tobacco, or uses cigars. This means that questions are designed to uncover the practice of any of these identifying characteristics.
Often in the context of smokers' life insurance, a person who uses nicotine patches or nicotine gums can also be considered as a smoker. It may be considered as counterintuitive by some, but what the insurance companies want to establish is the actual usage of nicotine-based products.
Basically, even though nicotine patches and nicotine gums are both designed to help cut down or break the smoking habit, insurance companies still contend that the minimal nicotine contents can still contribute a certain level of risk to the health of the person.
Affordable Smokers' Life Insurance
People always look for ways to lessen the cost of things they purchase including those that are essential like smokers' life insurance. In order to find an affordable smokers' life insurance, there are some considerations that you must look into. Getting a reasonable quote for the kind of risk the habit presents may be challenging, but not impossible. To make the task easier, consider the following:
- In order to get an affordable smokers' life insurance quote, you must coordinate with an agent that represents a number of insurance providers. More than having numerous connections, the agent must also possess the ability to look for competitive smokersí life insurance quotes to provide a wide variety of choices.
- When you begin to consider getting smokers' life insurance, it is important to note that come insurance providers may willingly give lower quote if you quit smoking or have done so for about two to three years. Normally, if you can prove that you have not had any nicotine intake during this period, the level of premium payments may be comparable to those of a non-smoker.
- Other insurance companies give lower premium payments for smokers' life insurance as a form of incentive. These types of coverage normally require smokers to quit or in the case of those who have already stopped, to ensure that they do not go back to the habit. In this context the smokers' life insurance is being used as a deterrent to smoking. This is why it is important to request a quote from insurance providers to know more details about the coverage.
- There are insurance providers that issue smokers' life insurance to those who do not use cigars or cigarettes. This is normally done when the insurance provider takes into consideration the use of tobacco. You can only get adequate information on how the distinction is made once you request a quote from the insurance company.
- Since some insurance companies recognize the different levels of nicotine addiction, there may be instances wherein occasional smokers or those who indulge in smokeless cigarettes can get a more affordable smokersí life insurance. This is one of the benefits that are being given by insurance companies to those who exert a certain level of self-discipline. This also emphasizes the need to request quotes from insurance providers for more accurate details.
- When compared to other life insurance policies, insurance providers completely disclose the complete COI with universal life insurance, which gives you a clear picture of how your coverage functions for your benefit.
On the other hand, in whole life insurance for example, the calculation of returns, administration charges, and the COI will not be disclosed to the policy holder. Also, you won't have the option of choosing where to invest your cash.
- In addition because of the higher than normal interest rates, the better your policy performs, the higher your odds of growth in the savings fund.